During the Millennium, how will it be for people on this earth without the devil, when they die, and with overpopulation?
I am looking for some answers for one of my studies about the Millennium, but I am having a hard time finding information in my books and even on the internet. Maybe you can give me some help. Here are my questions:
1. In the Millennium, how will things be without the devil in this world? Will people be able to commit crimes and other types of sin?
2. What is going to happen when people die in the Millennium? Will they be transformed, like those who receive their resurrected bodies, and then continue with us in the world?
3. If babies will continue coming into this world for 1,000 years, won't the earth become overpopulated?
I can respond to your questions briefly, and then I will refer you to my section where I go into greater detail about these and related topics.
1. Even though Satan will be in the Abyss during the 1,000 years, the sin nature of mortal people will still be within them. People are fully capable of sin even when they are not tempted by Satan and demonic forces, so there will continue to be sin in the world.
However, with Jesus as King over the whole earth (Zechariah 14:9) and in charge of all world affairs, and with glorified saints patrolling the world on His behalf, all sin and misdeeds will be uncovered and judged immediately. As such, the crime rate will be immensely decreased, since people will know that they will not be able to get away with any unlawful acts or transgressions.
2. There will be no war among the nations (Isaiah 2:4) during the Millennium, and people's life spans will be greatly extended due to prolific abundance. So death will be decreased significantly. Presumably, those who die without accepting Jesus as Lord will remain dead until the end of the Millennium, when they will be resurrected and judged by God (Revelation 20:11-13).
For those who accept Jesus as Lord during the Millennium, I do not know exactly what will happen to them when they die. Perhaps they will be resurrected and glorified soon after dying. Or maybe they will remain dead until the end of the Millennium, when they will be resurrected with the unsaved. Either way, they will attain eternal life because their names will be written in the Book of Life.
3. There is more than adequate room on the present earth for countless billions of people to live. Unfortunately, there are inadequate food supplies and harsh climate and weather conditions in much of the world, preventing human expansion into those areas.
However, I believe that Jesus will renovate the world after He comes. Since most of the earth will be utopic and will be able to support expanding life forms of all types, then I do not see a problem with the earth supporting ever-increasing populations of people throughout the Millennium.
Furthermore, I do not rule out the possibility that Jesus might make extraterrestrial bodies, such as the moon and Mars, habitable by humans. Since Jesus is the physical manifestation of God, He has no limits and is capable of doing anything.
More details can be read in my section about the Millennium, which contains six subsections, here: the Millennium.
Return to Email Questions and Tedís Responses
Go to Tedís Bible Commentaries and Other Links
View the New International Version of the Bible
Go to Tedís Homepage