1. Whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is on the earth glorifies All‚h. And He is the All-Mighty, the All-Wise.
2. He it is Who drove out the disbelievers among the people of the Scripture (i.e., the Jews of the tribe of BanÓ An-NadÓr) from their homes at the first gathering. You did not think that they would get out. And they thought that their fortresses would defend them from All‚h! But All‚h's (Torment) reached them from a place whereof they expected it not, and He cast terror into their hearts, so that they destroyed their own dwellings with their own hands and the hands of the believers. Then take admonition, O you with eyes (to see).
3. And had it not been that All‚h had decreed exile for them, He would certainly have punished them in this world, and in the Hereafter theirs shall be the torment of the Fire.
4. That is because they opposed All‚h and His Messenger (Muhammad). And whosoever opposes All‚h, then verily, All‚h is Severe in punishment.
5. What you (O Muslims) cut down of the palm-trees (of the enemy), or you left them standing on their stems, it was by Leave of All‚h, and in order that He might disgrace the F‚siqŻn (rebellious, disobedient to All‚h).
6. And what All‚h gave as booty (Fai') to His Messenger (Muhammad) from them, for which you made no expedition with either cavalry or camelry. But All‚h gives power to His Messengers over whomsoever He wills. And All‚h is Able to do all things.
7. What All‚h gave as booty (Fai') to His Messenger (Muhammad) from the people of the townshipsóit is for All‚h, His Messenger (Muhammad), the kindred (of Messenger Muhammad), the orphans, Al≠Mas‚kin (the poor), and the wayfarer, in order that it may not become a fortune used by the rich among you. And whatsoever the Messenger (Muhammad) gives you, take it, and whatsoever he forbids you, abstain (from it), and fear All‚h. Verily, All‚h is Severe in punishment.
8. (And there is also a share in this booty) for the poor emigrants, who were expelled from their homes and their property, seeking Bounties from All‚h and to please Him. And helping All‚h (i.e., helping His religion) and His Messenger (Muhammad). Such are indeed the truthful (to what they say);-
9. And those who, before them, had homes (in Al-Madinah) and had adopted the Faith, love those who emigrate to them, and have no jealousy in their breasts for that which they have been given (from the booty of BanÓ An-NadÓr), and give them (emigrants) preference over themselves, even though they were in need of that. And whosoever is saved from his own covetousness, such are they who will be the successful.
10. And those who came after them say: "Our Lord! Forgive us and our brethren who have preceded us in Faith, and put not in our hearts any hatred against those who have believed. Our Lord! You are indeed full of kindness, Most Merciful.
11. Have you (O Muhammad) not observed the hypocrites who say to their friends among the people of the Scripture who disbelieve: "(By All‚h) If you are expelled, we (too) indeed will go out with you, and we shall never obey any one against you, and if you are attacked (in fight), we shall indeed help you"? But All‚h is Witness, that they verily, are liars.
12. Surely, if they (the Jews) are expelled, never will they (hypocrites) go out with them, and if they are attacked, they will never help them. And if they do help them, they (hypocrites) will turn their backs, so they will not be victorious.
13. Verily, you (believers in the Oneness of All‚hóIsl‚mic Monotheism) are more awful as a fear in their (Jews of BanÓ An-NadÓr) breasts than All‚h. That is because they are a people who comprehend not (the Majesty and Power of All‚h).
14. They fight not against you even together, except in fortified townships, or from behind walls. Their enmity among themselves is very great. You would think they were united, but their hearts are divided, that is because they are a people who understand not.
15. They are like their immediate predecessors (the Jews of BanÓ QainŻq‚', who suffered), they tasted the evil result of their conduct, and (in the Hereafter, there is) for them a painful torment;-
16. (Their allies deceived them) like Shait‚n (Satan), when he says to man: "Disbelieve in All‚h." But when (man) disbelieves in All‚h, Shait‚n (Satan) says: "I am free of you, I fear All‚h, the Lord of the 'AlamÓn (mankind, jinns and all that exists)!"
17. So the end of both will be that they will be in the Fire, abiding therein. Such is the recompense of the Z‚limŻn (i.e., polytheists, wrong-doers, disbelievers in All‚h and in His Oneness, etc.).
18. O you who believe! Fear All‚h and keep your duty to Him. And let every person look to what he has sent forth for the morrow, and fear All‚h. Verily, All‚h is All-Aware of what you do.
19. And be not like those who forgot All‚h (i.e., became disobedient to All‚h) and He caused them to forget their ownselves, (let them to forget to do righteous deeds). Those are the F‚siqŻn (rebellious, disobedient to All‚h).
20. Not equal are the dwellers of the Fire and the dwellers of the Paradise. It is the dwellers of Paradise that will be successful.
21. Had We sent down this Qur'‚n on a mountain, you would surely have seen it humbling itself and rending asunder by the fear of All‚h. Such are the parables which We put forward to mankind that they may reflect.
22. He is All‚h, than Whom there is L‚ il‚ha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He) the All-Knower of the unseen and the seen (open). He is the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.
23. He is All‚h than Whom there is L‚ il‚ha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He) the King, the Holy, the One Free from all defects, the Giver of security, the Watcher over His creatures, the All-Mighty, the Compeller, the Supreme. Glory be to All‚h! (High is He) above all that they associate as partners with Him.
24. He is All‚h, the Creator, the Inventor of all things, the Bestower of forms. To Him belong the Best Names. All that is in the heavens and the earth glorify Him. And He is the All-Mighty, the All-Wise.