1. Indeed All‚h has heard the statement of her (Khaulah bint Tha'labah) that disputes with you (O Muhammad) concerning her husband (Aus bin As≠S‚mit), and complains to All‚h. And All‚h hears the argument between you both. Verily, All‚h is All-Hearer, All-Seer.
2. Those among you who make their wives unlawful (Az-Zih‚r) to them by saying to them "You are like my mother's back." They cannot be their mothers. None can be their mothers except those who gave them birth. And verily, they utter an ill word and a lie. And verily, All‚h is Oft-Pardoning, Oft-Forgiving.
3. And those who make unlawful to them (their wives) (by Az-Zih‚r) and wish to free themselves from what they uttered, (the penalty) in that case (is) the freeing of a slave before they touch each other. That is an admonition to you (so that you may not return to such an ill thing). And All‚h is All-Aware of what you do.
4. And he who finds not (the money for freeing a slave) must fast two successive months before they both touch each other. And for him who is unable to do so, he should feed sixty of MiskÓn (poor). That is in order that you may have perfect Faith in All‚h and His Messenger. These are the limits set by All‚h. And for disbelievers, there is a painful torment.
5. Verily, those who oppose All‚h and His Messenger (Muhammad) will be disgraced, as those before them (among the past nation), were disgraced. And We have sent down clear Ay‚t (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.). And for the disbelievers is a disgracing torment.
6. On the Day when All‚h will resurrect them all together (i.e., the Day of Resurrection) and inform them of what they did. All‚h has kept account of it, while they have forgotten it. And All‚h is Witness over all things.
7. Have you not seen that All‚h knows whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is on the earth? There is no Najwa (secret counsel) of three, but He is their fourth (with His Knowledge, while He Himself is over the Throne, over the seventh heaven), nor of five but He is their sixth (with His Knowledge), not of less than that or more, but He is with them (with His Knowledge) wheresoever they may be; and afterwards on the Day of Resurrection, He will inform them of what they did. Verily, All‚h is the All-Knower of everything.
8. Have you not seen those who were forbidden to hold secret counsels, and afterwards returned to that which they had been forbidden, and conspired together for sin and wrong doing and disobedience to the Messenger (Muhammad ). And when they come to you, they greet you with a greeting wherewith All‚h greets you not, and say within themselves: "Why should All‚h punish us not for what we say?" Hell will be sufficient for them, they will burn therein, and worst indeed is that destination!
9. O you who believe! When you hold secret counsel, do it not for sin and wrong-doing, and disobedience towards the Messenger (Muhammad) but do it for Al-Birr (righteousness) and Taqwa (virtues and piety); and fear All‚h unto Whom you shall be gathered.
10. Secret counsels (conspiracies) are only from Shait‚n (Satan), in order that he may cause grief to the believers. But he cannot harm them in the least, except as All‚h permits, and in All‚h let the believers put their trust.
11. O you who believe! When you are told to make room in the assemblies, (spread out and) make room. All‚h will give you (ample) room (from His Mercy). And when you are told to rise up [for prayers, Jih‚d (holy fighting in All‚h's Cause), or for any other good deed], rise up. All‚h will exalt in degree those of you who believe, and those who have been granted knowledge. And All‚h is Well-Acquainted with what you do.
12. O you who believe! When you (want to) consult the Messenger (Muhammad) in private, spend something in charity before your private consultation. That will be better and purer for you. But if you find not (the means for it), then verily, All‚h is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
13. Are you afraid of spending in charity before your private consultation (with him)? If then you do it not, and All‚h has forgiven you, then (at least) perform As-Sal‚t (Iq‚mat≠as≠Sal‚t) and give Zak‚t and obey All‚h (i.e., do all what All‚h and His Prophet order you to do). And All‚h is All-Aware of what you do.
14. Have you (O Muhammad) not seen those (hypocrites) who take for friends a people upon whom is the Wrath of All‚h (i.e., Jews)? They are neither of you (Muslims) nor of them (Jews), and they swear to a lie while they know.
15. All‚h has prepared for them a severe torment. Evil indeed is that which they used to do.
16. They have made their oaths a screen (for their evil actions). Thus they hinder (men) from the Path of All‚h, so they shall have a humiliating torment.
17. Their children and their wealth will avail them nothing against All‚h. They will be (the) dwellers of the Fire, to dwell therein forever.
18. On the Day when All‚h will resurrect them all together (for their account), then they will swear to Him as they swear to you (O Muslims). And they think that they have something (to stand upon). Verily, they are liars!
19. Shait‚n (Satan) has overtaken them. So he has made them forget the remembrance of All‚h. They are the party of Shait‚n (Satan). Verily, it is the party of Shait‚n (Satan) that will be the losers!
20. Those who oppose All‚h and His Messenger (Muhammad), they will be among the lowest (most humiliated).
21. All‚h has decreed: "Verily! It is I and My Messengers who shall be the victorious." Verily, All‚h is All-Powerful, All-Mighty.
22. You (O Muhammad) will not find any people who believe in All‚h and the Last Day, making friendship with those who oppose All‚h and His Messenger (Muhammad ), even though they were their fathers, or their sons, or their brothers, or their kindred (people). For such He has written Faith in their hearts, and strengthened them with RŻh (proofs, light and true guidance) from Himself. And We will admit them to Gardens (Paradise) under which rivers flow, to dwell therein (forever). All‚h is pleased with them, and they with Him. They are the Party of All‚h. Verily, it is the Party of All‚h that will be the successful.